Friday, March 28, 2008

The Happy Dance: A Tutorial

The first step in a really excellent Happy Dance is having something to be excited about.

For example:

This is my brother.




This is his wife.


They are having a baby! And I am going to Alaska to help them when the baby is born, mostly to help take care of their daughter, the most adorable girl in the world.



I'll be flying to Alaska to stay with them for 10 days. Almost everyone in my family has been to Alaska except for me (and my sister) and I'm excited just to go. Another perk is that my they are paying for my ticket with their sky miles. Hooray! Trip to Alaska! Free trip to Alaska! Hanging out with my brother, sister-in-law and niece! Being the first in my family to meet my new nephew!

See? Something to be happy about!

There is something else that makes the difference between a mediocre Happy Dance and a great Happy Dance - a chant. The chant should be short and rhythmic.

For example:

"I'm goin' to Ala-ska! I'm goin' to Ala-ska!"

Once you have something to be excited about, and a chant to go with it, it's time to learn the moves. Have a look at the following diagram.



Keep practicing! Before you know it, you'll have a Happy Dance that will be the envy of the neighborhood.

****
P.S. - What do they call lesbians in Alaska? -- Klon-dykes

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Man, that cracks me up.

Get it? Klondike? Dykes? Ha-ha-ha-ah-ha-ha!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I must say, that was the BEST written happy dance blog I've ever seen. Keep up the good work.

cara said...

We are so happy that you can come up! Can't wait to see you! -Cara

cara said...

oh, and I forgot to mention, bring warm clothes because it's snowing!

Betsy said...

I'm excited too! But you had better leave the happy dancing to me - the baby might fall out!

Jessie said...

I will utilize this happy dance whenever I feel the urge. Thanks for the tutorial.

Laurel said...

"You're going to Al-aska! You're going to Al-aska!" (This is me doing the happy dance with you...but is it okay if I move my bum in a counter-clockwise circle? It feels more natural to me that way.)