Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action

I borrowed this from Vingtage Thirty.

1. Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. No Googling or using IMDB search functions. THIS MEANS YOU!
6. Leave your answer(s) in the comments.


1. "I'd like to make an offer on the house. This is what I can pay, minus the work on the place, and a rental car to drive off a cliff when this all turns out to have been a terrible mistake."

2. “...Perky breasts!”
“Roberta, you know I don't like it when you swear."
“Chrissy, breast is not a dirty word.”
“I can't hear you.”
“Breast.”
“Can't hear you.”
“Breast.”
“Can't hear you.”
“BREAST!”

3. “Yeah, this is where it fell. Or, if you want to get really specific, up there is where this weird bloody necklace came and knocked it out of the heavens while it was minding it's own business. And over there is where it landed. And right here... this is where it got hit by a magical flying moron.”

4. “I found you in hell. Don't you think I could find you in
Jersey?”

5. “She's like the air to me.”


6. “I'm no friggin' monument to justice! I lost my hand! I lost my bride! Johnny has his hand! Johnny has his bride! You want me to take my heartache, put it away and forget?”


7. “Men develop appetites when they are twelve, muscles when they are sixteen, and principles only after they are married.”


8. “And now, my beauties, something with poison in it, I think. Something with poison in it, but attractive to the eye, and soothing to the smell. Poppies... Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleep. Now they'll sleep!”


9. “I've never been alone with a man before, even with my dress on. With my dress off, it's MOST unusual.”


10. "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."


11. "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."


12. "1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!"
"What the hell is a gigawatt?"


13. "It's either bad traffic, peak traffic, slit-your-wrist traffic... you know, five people died from smoking in between traffic lights."

14. "Are you nuts? She clearly prefers gas pump jockeys to millionaires. What do you want to do? Disillusion the poor girl?"

15. "Joel, hide me in your humiliation!"

6 comments:

Laurel said...

I don't know many of these, but I'm dying to. Some of these quotes are phenomenal. Okay there's one from the movie about the four friends who grow up...what's it called??? It has Demi Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Rita...c'mon!...Tom Hank's wife...and...shoot..Oh! Melanie Griffith. I should get extra points for actress names I think. I'll shoot out of bed tonight with Rita's last name I just know it.

There's also A Wonderful Life in there, and Moonstruck. LOVE that movie. And the one about the three witches...um, I'm guessing...Sarah Jessica Parker and Bette Midler? Maybe?

I loved your post about TV by the way. Just for the record, I love TV too. It's just that I'm in a bad habit of taking the path of least resistance. I'm trying to shake it up. I shall report soon. Perhaps I'll be crazy just for a short time.

Jessie Evans said...

3. Stardust
6. Moonstruck
8. Wizard of Oz
10. It’s a Wonderful Life
12. Back to the Future


Am I right? Please tell me I'm right.

Jessie Evans said...

OH!!! That last one has been hauting me since I read it last night. It's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Best. Movie. EVER!!

Laurel said...

Just for the record, I did know back to the future. I just forgot to add it to my comments. "Great scott!"

Madame Queen said...

One time I said "Flux Capacitor" out of the clear blue. My husband thought I'd lost my mind and every now and then he'll just say it out of the clear blue. I love Back to the Future.

I knew about 3 of these, but I can't wait to find out the answers.

Sara said...

I knew all the ones Jessie knew, except the Eternal Sunshine one. But I also know that #11 is from the Manchurian Candidate. #2 is driving me crazy - is it from Hairspray? Pretty sure I've seen the movie with #9 before, but I can't remember. I'll sleep on it.