Thursday, March 06, 2008

A.I. Girls and Condors in Hats

First off, the recap top 8 girl performances from American Idol:

Best Use of Advice
Kristy Lee Cook

Kristy Lee hasn't really been phenomenal this season. She's acutally pretty forgetable. Last week after she sang . . . some song (see? Forgetable), Simon advised her to try for more of a country feel, to really find herself. This week, she applied his advice! I love it when contestants take the advice of the judges - they're professionals and they know what they're talking about. Except for Paula.

Best Run
Carly Smithson

I definitly think Carly is the best girl in the competition. That doesn't mean she's my favorite (that would be Asia'h), but there's not doubt she's incredibly talented. In her performance last night, she sang and run so long and complicated, I felt out of breath for her! Plus, she hit every single note dead on. I would kill for her talent.

Best Performance
Syesha Mercado

I felt like Syesha got gyped last night. She was very last, and the judges had spent so much time yammering (what, were they all on sugar highs? They were like little kids!) that by the time she finished, they all only had two words for her (literally) and then the show ended. It was a real shame, because she did an incredible job. It wasn't the most difficult song ever, but it was solid. She sang with feeling, she nailed every note without hesitation, and get a load of those legs!

And here's a suprise:

Most Fun
Amanda Overmyer!

What? I acutally liked Amanda? What's going on here? She was really good! First of all, her look is better - straight, simple hair and normal clothes with some great accent pieces. She was also one of the few girls to sing a fast-paced song. Her redition of "I Hate Myself For Loving You" was the perfect song for here. It was rock, but it was more on the blues side than the hard rock. Go Amanda!

So who do I think should go? It a tough choice this time, and the last night 4 people will leave.

For the boys: Danny Noriega and Luke Menard, Michael Johns or Chikezie. I have a hard time choosing between the last three. I want to like Luke and Michael; they both have tons of charisma, plus, they're adorable. They're just not that good. I didn't like Chikezie at first, but his last performance was great. I'm torn.

For the girls: Kady Malloy (she's just not that good!) and Ramiele Malubay (she was good at first, but her last few performances haven't been worth much).

And now, on to Condors In Hats.

My life has been kind of stressful lately, and when I get stressed out (or sad, or angry, or excited, or busy) I have weird dreams. It's usually not that big of a deal - I often have weird dreams. When I'm experienced any intense emotion, though, they get weirder and weirder.

Last night? After I was screwed out of the flute performance (I haven't played flute since high school) I worked so hard on, a bunch of condors in suits and fedoras walked in. That's right. Condors. In fedoras. Only they were ultra-creepy, Dark Crystal-esque condors. Think this



combined with this.



And everyone in my dream was like, "Hey! Condors in hats! Whatever." And I was thinking, "Hello! Giant flesh-eating birds!"

Where do I come up with this stuff?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

YAY! I totally love your AI recaps, especially since I missed it last night.

And about your dream, lay off the illicite drugs.

Madame Queen said...

Since I'm watching the boys, I'll just come over here for the Girls' recap. I think Luke and Chikezie are going home. Even though Danny is G-A-Y, I still think he'll get a lot of young girl votes.

I don't know what's up with that dream, but I love the Dark Crystal reference!! I know so few people who have seen that movie. I once told my husband that this girl we know looked like a Gelfling and he had no idea what I was talking about.