Monday, March 24, 2008

True Love = Clipping Each Other's Toenails

Both my parents have a hard time getting around.

My dad has had both of his hips replaced, and he had this weird problem with is ankles that makes it hard for him to walk. He has to wear braces that come half-way up his leg just to walk around during the day.

My mom has been limping badly for the last few months. After several doctors appointments, she was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, and condition in which the spinal cord narrows and pinches the spinal cord.

Both of them have a hard time reaching their toes. Their bodies just don't move like that anymore.

Yesterday morning, I was up early (earlier than I needed to be, not early) making brownies for Easter. From my parent's room, I heard my dad say, "What did you need done, ma'am?" Mom's voice doesn't carry as well, so I heard some mumbling from her.

The next thing I heard was click! snap! clip! I realized that my dad was clipping my mom's toenails for her, since she couldn't reach them herself.

That's true love, people.

2 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Someday when I can't reach my toes anymore, I'm hoping Jason will be sweet enough to paint them for me.

Laurel said...

Now you know they will be together forever. I love that he said, "What did you need done, ma'am?" See the world is still a happy place....(and she sighs contentedly.)