Wednesday, March 05, 2008

American Idol: Top 8 Boys

Welcome back for another American Idol recap! Last night the top 8 boys preformed music from the 80's: and they rocked! I can't remember the last time I saw an episode with that many good performances. In fact, there weren't really any bad ones (well, maybe one) which made this kind of hard today. And now, without further ado -

Best Arrangement
David Cook with Lionel Richie's "Hello"

David took this kind of sad, very ballad-y song and roughed it up. Randy called it "emo" but I just thought it rocked. It came out as a kind of bluesy-rock power ballad. It was amazing, and I loved that he took a risk and nailed it! So did Simon. He said "That was a very brave thing to do . . . and I loved it."

Most Talented
David Archuleta

I know, I know, I raved about him last week, but the kid is amazing. This week he sang a slower version of "Another Day in Paradise" and he started out at the piano. It wasn't his best performance, but it was still incredible, which just goes to show how talented he really is. And man, does that kid know how to schmooze!

Worst Performance
Danny Noriega

Ugh. He sang one of my all-time favorite songs, "Tainted Love" but it was so girly I could hardly stand it. I know it's his style, but he takes the emo thing (it applies here, not to David Cook, Randy!) way too far. From the uber-tight leather pants to the bumping hips and pocket hook, it just ruined the song for me. But not forever.

Best Performance
David Hernandez

This picture is actually from last week (all of them are, since the Idol people are so lame and don't post pictures right away). I just thought you all might appreciate that cute tush. But back to important issues - David had the guts to sing Celine Dion last night. He sang "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" and all the reasons I love him came back to me. Not only is he gorgeous, but he's got tons of charisma, he knows how to work the cameras, and he's got an amazing voice. I mean, the guy actually pulled off Celine Dion! Not an easy feat! Plus, he looked into the camera with those chocolate brown eyes, and I swooned.

You may or may not have heard the latest dirt on David H. For the last 3 years, he has worked as a male stripper in Phoenix. In a mostly male club. I'm not a fan of the whole stripping thing, but who am I to judge? In my opinion, his discription of the "pea-sized booger" on his nose during a photo shoot (he mentioned it when talking about his most embarrasing moment) managed to cancel out the stripper thing in my mind.

Coming up tonight, the top 8 girls! They're going to have a hard time keeping up with the boys, but we'll see how they do.

And okay, okay, I know I talked about all the Davids last week, but can I help it if they're the best ones?

1 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

I heart David A.