Friday, February 29, 2008

Back by Popular Demand: American Idol Results

And by "popular demand," I mean because Jessie said so.

In case you missed the American Idol results show, and you depend solely upon me for your American Idol fodder, here's who left the show last night.


These are the girls I predicted would leave, but both of the girls I chose were in the last two. So close! I wasn't all the impressed with Alaina. She wasn't bad, but she wasn't really good either. She's only 17, though, she still has a long way to go. I did like Alexandrea. Her last performance wasn't that great - she picked a really safe song, and she looked terrible - but she really has a great voice. I think she would have been a force to be reckoned with on the show.

But seriously, neither of these girls should have left yet. I stand by my verdict: Amanda is awful, and I had to change the channel when Kady sang. Even Kady knew she should have left - she looked awfully suprised when she heard Alaina was out and she was safe.


BAM! Right on. Who's amazing? That's right - me. Did I call it or what?

Here's the deal with these guys. At the risk of sounding homophobic (which I'm not, I swear) Jason was just too fairy-ish. Danny Noriega is too (he's clearly gay), but he manages to do it in a fashionable, teenage-boy-emo sort of way. Jason is just a Michael Buble style flamer. Although, come to think of it, I'm not sure Michael Buble is a flamer. But you get the drift. As far as Robbie goes, his was mostly a case of supply and demand. There just wasn't enought room for two rockers (three if you count Amanda) on the show, and he got out-sung by David Cook.

Join me next week for American Idol recaps!

1 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

I agree with what Simon said about Robbie, he wasn't authentic enough. He wasn't a rocker, he was just trying to be. And, thanks for doing this :)