Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol: Girls

I have to say, overall, I don't think the girls are nearly as entertaining as the boys. My prediction is that we'll have a guy American Idol this year. That said, last night's show was a lot of fun. The best part was that Simon seemed to be in an unusually good mood, and there was very little bickering. I wish Ryan would stop snubbing Simon - it's getting a little too "Junior High girl" for my taste.

And now, without further ado, THE GIRLS!

Best Performance:
Brooke White

She sang Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" and she rocked it! I also like the guitar performances that are being done this year. When Brooke came out with that guitar, I was nervous, but it worked! It was the perfect song for her, the perfect style, and even though she sat the whole time, she still managed a killer performance.

Best Vocals:
Carly Smithson

This girl has got one big voice! Most of the girl can belt it, but Carly belts it well. Plus, she's got that cute hint of an Irish accent.

Worst Look:
Amanda Overmyer

Y'all. She looks like Cruella Deville. What was she thinking? I'm not a fan of the outfit, either, although it might have worked without the horrible hair. Her performance was lousy too. She wants to be a rocker, but she just doesn't have the chops.

Overall Favorite:
Asia'h Epperson

Despite the cheesy name spelling, I'm totally picking up what this girl is putting down. Last night she sang Celine Dion, and Simon told her she almost got it, but just wasn't good enough to pull it off. I have to say, I agree. It wasn't the best song choice for her, although she did come amazingly close. I just love her personality and her willingness to take risks. This picture is from last week, since this week she had her hair straightened. Why anyone would straighten great curls like that is beyond me.

My votes for who should go: Robbie Carrico, Jason Yeager, Amanda Overmyer and Kady Malloy.

2 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Way to go on calling the boys who were booted. Too bad about the girls though, I agreed with you, and neither of them left. Oh well, there's always next week!

Laurel said...

I thought it was going to be Amanda and Kady for sure. Neither of them could sing on pitch this week. I think that should be a primary requisite, but...whatever!

And I agree. I'm not really loving the girls. They're not bringing it this year. The boys are totally entertaining.