Thursday, April 24, 2008

That's Gonna Leave a Mark

I was at work, chatting with a co-worker and doing something else, possibly work-related.

The folder containing the checks from my dog food deliveries was leaning against the file cabinet, just out of reach.

I reached out for them, leaning over in my chair. "Just a little farther," I thought.

Then it happened. I felt the center of gravity shift. "A little farther" had become too far.

"Uh-oh." CRASH!!

I fell out of my office chair. Not actually out, so much as over, still in it.

The crash was followed by frantic calls of "Are you okay?!?"

I laid there for a while, basking in my mortification and the mild pain ememating from where I had landed on the chair's armrest.

My witty response? "Whoops. That's gonna leave a mark."

4 comments:

Jessie said...

So this one time I was in French class and we were watching a movie and it was DEAD SILENT (because when you watch movies like The Little Mermaid in other languages, you want to pay attention). I was taking notes and accidentally dropped my pencil on the floor. No big deal right? So I leaned over to get it... but you know how those chairs in high school have a bar connecting the chair to the desk right at boob level? I leaned over that and pushed the desk right over. With me in it. Loudly.

The end.

Laurel said...

Pratt falls are funny. Of course only if you are alright. I would check first, and THEN fall over in fits of laughter. With you, of course.

Sara said...

I've fallen out of a chair before. The chair has fallen right before I sat in it and I sat on the ground (hard). But falling while in the chair. What grace, what charm!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

omg that is soooo my life.