Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Time I'm Not Making Any Promises

Once again, it's been forever. Maybe the problem is that my life is just too boring. I'm hoping to change that this summer.

Last weekend I went to the Grand Junction Arts and Jazz Festival with my BFF Felicia.

She was working the festival, so we just wandered up and down the street. I checked out the goods, and she asked people for their zip codes and got blown off.

There was a lot of amazing stuff there! My favorite was the blown glass. There were several vendors with all different styles. I bought this blown glass pendent from an amazing mother-daughter team.

The daughter blows the glass and the mother makes necklaces. The mother has cancer, and when they found out she was going to lose her hair, her daughter learned to do henna. Now she does henna tattoos all over her mom's head every month.

There was also the most amazing photographer there. Here's a sample of his work.




Downtown Grand Junction has a program called Art on the Corner. There are different sculptures all up and down Main Street. There are a lot of great ones, but this one was my favorite. The picture doesn't really do it justice.



So that's what I've been up to. I want to say I'll write agains soon, but I'm not making any promises!

2 comments:

Sara said...

So is Felicia back in town permanently, or temporarily?

Laurel said...

Glad you are back. I keep checking, so don't go too far away, okay? And you know what? Other people's lives are never boring to me.