Sunday, December 14, 2008

Introducing . . .

This is my Big Sister.



Isn't she cute? This is kind of an old picture (as you can see by the date stamp) and she's not usually this blonde. But trust me, she's cute.

I adore Big Sister. I look up to her. She sets and excellent example for me. On of her qualities that I admire the most is her ability to see the best in things. She always seems to be happy, or at least content, even when life isn't so great. She's all about "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

Now me, I'm more like, "Lemons? I don't need any freaking lemons! I need a boyfriend! What the heck and I supposed to do with stupid lemons?"

Ahem. Sorry about that. Momentary outburst. We were talking about Big Sister.




This is Big Sister and her husband, Brother-in-Law Numero Dos. We'll call him J for short. Or should we call him BiLND? Or #2? Hahaha! #2. Get it? I crack myself up.

Anyway, the only time I really remember Big Sister not being content was when J was out of the country for two years. The last six months, she wouldn't even talk about him. She pined for him. They've been married for 4 1/2 years now, and she's still all stupid over him. It's pretty cute, when it doesn't make me puke.

Big Sister and J have also been trying to get preggers for quite a while. They've had some trouble, with no apparent reason. They've tried all sorts of treatments with no luck, and recently decided to give in vitro fertilization a try. We'll find out around Christmas how successful it was.

Big Sister also recently started a blog, "Que Sera, Sara?" (Isn't she clever?) You can read about her IVF experiences here.

Drop by and say hello. And send lots of baby thoughts their way!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

What the heck??? I just check in with you and find out that I have missed like a million posts! I love that you are back full force. It was super fun to catch up with you. Congrats on the pants! Sorry about the cold pool. And the girl at the front desk WAS annoying. Bravo to you for all your good deeds. Good luck to your sister. I'll leave her a message on her blog. I don't know what to think of our society on most days either. And Merry Christmas. Whew!

Keep writing. 'Cause I'm just going to keep reading! :0)

Sara said...

Umm... this post is about me. *blush* Thanks for all nice things you said about me, Be-bop. (Am I allowed to use your nickname online?) I adore you too!

Mama said...

Just be glad that you don't have a boyfriend that is a lemon.

You are right on about Sara. In fact, all 3 three of my daughters are awesome women!

Laurel said...

EBK, where are are you?