Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WW - and NOT for White Whale

This will be a quick post since it's getting late, but I'm so stoked and I have to share the good news!



A couple months ago, I joined Weight Watchers. I've been chubby (read: fat) my whole life, and I was just plain sick of it. It's taken a lot of time for me to get to the place where I was really ready to make a change, but I'm there now, and I wanted something that would work. I've heard good things about WW, so I decided to give it a try. And guess what?

I've lost 16 pounds!!

I still have a long way to go, but 16 pounds is nothing to sniff at. I look at it like this:



Hooray for Weight Watchers!

So, Internets, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. This is what I looked like when I started (I'm on the right, if you weren't sure).



And this is what I'm shooting for.



It's a long way to go, but now I know I can do it!

6 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Wahoo!! I believe in you my fabulous friend!

Kristen said...

16 pounds! Wow! You've lost like more than me and I just had a baby. Not fair, but CONGRATS! That takes serious discipline!

Sara said...

Yeah! I love the visual of the bags of sugar. It makes you appreciate the accomplishment so much more.

Tierney Kirk said...

Good work! Weight watchers is a great program; my mom lost a lot of weight there. Keep up the awesome progress!

Lea said...

Keep it up, Bets! You should be proud of yourself.

Madame Queen said...

Yayyyyy!! 16 pounds is awesome. isn't WW the greatest?