Thursday, October 02, 2008

Project Interior Decorate

I love having a house. Houses are so much better than apartments. I even have my own furniture! Well, I have some furniture.

A couple weeks ago I happened upon a moving sale. I'd been looking for some sort of small table, and as I drove past, I spotted the cutest table. I pulled right over to check it out. It was perfect. It had been used as a garden table, so it wasn't painted or anything, but it had good bones. For $3.00, I snagged it and took that baby home.

That weekend, I spent all day Saturday painting it. I had to start with white paint since it was virgin wood. Then I had to put two coats of paint over the white. I chose a gorgeous purply-brown color called "Spiced Wine."

Here are some before and after pictures.
Pre-painting garden table:


All finished and in my house!

6 comments:

Sara said...

The table looks great! I'm glad you are posting on your blog again. I miss reading about you.

Tierney Kirk said...

I love your new table; it looks terrific! Wish I could find some good deals like that :)

Laurel said...

Nice work! I was wondering how things were going. Glad to hear your blogging voice again!

Jessie Evans said...

She lives!! And, sweet table.

Betsy said...

Thanks for all the "Welcome Back"'s. Nice to know people missed me!

Lea said...

Nice table. Can I brag because you call me and keep in touch, or would that be poor blog courtesty. Didn't know about the cute table, though - nice job!
Big Sis (sorry, braggin again..) BTW, I love your blogging friends and lurk on their blogs, sometimes.