Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Driving: One Big Pet Peeve

I have a teensy bit of road rage.


I wouldn't even call it "road rage," really. It's more than all of my pet peeves seem to center around driving. I'm not going to get out of my car and bludgeon anyone. I'm just going to yell. From inside me car. Where no one can hear me, except my passengers (why do they always looks so scared?).

Now, don't try to pretend that you're one of those driving saints. I know better. Come on. Admit it. You know that you've been caught shouting, "Come on, Grandpa!" or "Go, you idiot!"

So just to make you feel better, I'll tell you my pet peeves about driving.
  • People who don't use their blinkers. What am I, psychic?

  • People who use their blinkers, but then don't turn them off. Are you moving over? Yes? No?

  • People who turn their blinkers on three turns before the one they're acutally going to take.


  • People who follow too closely (being rear-ended three times in as many years might have something to do with this). Here's a hint. If I can't see your headlights, you're TOO CLOSE!


  • People who speed through my small town. Just because you're driving through doesn't mean you can go 40 miles an hour.


  • People who are speed, etc. in places that they know are dangerous. Yes, guy who came hurtling around the blind curve by McDonald's, I'm talking to you.


  • People who don't wait their turns at stop signs. Just because the guy in front of you went doesn't mean you can too.


  • People who take forever to pass, even though you're clearly going much faster than they are. Hello, Utah roadblock (also know as Mexican roadblock).


  • The stupid Meadow Gold trucks that block the road by a main intersection. They don't even have anyone directing traffic. And when you get your butts sued off, I will laugh. Bwaa-ha-ha-ha! Like that.

As a funny aside: A good friend of mine was getting ready to go on a mission, and we went to a movie. When she picked me up, I noticed she had pictures of Jesus plastered all over her car. Seriously, all over. There were at least six of them. I said, "Um, Katie? What's the deal with all the Jesus pictures?"

She blushed and said, "Yeah . . . I kind of have a problem with road rage. I'm working on it."

"Oh. Is that working for you?"

"Move it, you moron! Not really."
P.S. - If you're wondering why the bullet points are so unevenly spaced, it's because I got in a fight with the bullet point button. I lost. And now I can't get a space between this line and the last. Damn Blogger.

4 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

I have road rage.

The end.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

It's where my children learn all of their swear words.

Laurel said...

So one day we had the missionaries over for dinner, and my sweet little 2 year old finished and went out onto the back patio to play. We could hear her through the screen door. Which is unfortunate since she got into her push car and yelled, "Come on, people! Drive!"

Um...where does she come up with this stuff?

...Maybe I'd better get a couple of pictures of Jesus in my car.

Lea said...

Okay, but you're in DELTA!! What kind of traffic could you possibly have (besides tractors, hicks, etc,). When I get road rage in my little town I always start laughing - I mean, what kind of gasket would I blow if I were actually in a CITY - with REAL TRAFFIC?