Monday, January 14, 2008

Gettin' Jiggy with Disney!

I. Am. So. Excited.

In 10 days, I will on my way to DISNEYLAND, BABY! That's right. You know you're jealous.

I love Disneyland. I'm kind of embarrased about how excited I am to do. I mean, I am an adult. Not that you would know from my attitude towards Disneyland. That's one of the great things about the Land of the Mouse, though. It brings out the kid in us, and who doesn't love that?

I'm going with my dear friend Jessie, her husband Jason, and Jason's sister and nieces. His mom is coming for a day, too. Good thing Jason's family seems to like me. I'm meeting Jessie and Jason in Cedar City and we're driving the rest of the way. We'll be partying at Disneyland Friday and Saturday.

Like I said, before, I'm like a kid when it comes to Disneyland. I always go hoping to meet some good characters. I've met a few, but never who I wanted. I've met Cinderella,


Minnie Mouse


and Goofy.


This one was my favorite. I was at D-Land for a band concert, and we were back behind ToonTown. So was Goofy. He must have been on a break, because he was just chillin' back there, puffin on a ciggy. Have you ever seen Goofy smoking? It's funny. Trust me.

You know who I've always wanted to meet? Flora, Fauna and Meriweather, the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty.


They've always been my favorite. I didn't think they were at Disneyland, but apparantly I was wrong, because I found this picture:


Bloody paparazzi. A fairy can't go anywhere anymore.

Ah, Sleeping Beauty. I love that movie. My favorite part is when the fairies are trying to get ready for Aurora's birthday without magic. Fauna tries to make a cake. It's hysterical. And then they finally decide to use magic, and Flora and Meriweather get into this fight and keep changing each other different colors. Oh man, that cracked me up.

I'm excited for the rides and Disneyland too. Especially Space Mountain, as it was closed for renovation the last time I was there. So was Indiana Jones. I like that one, although the snake scares the bejesus out of me EVERY TIME. I hate snakes.

You know the best part of this all? I'm getting into the park for FREE. Ah, the joys of mooching off family.

8 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

YAY YAY YAY for Disney!! I can hardly wait.

Laurel said...

I love Disney too! We used to go all the time when we lived in Orange County. But Goofy on a smoke break? That I've never seen! Hysterical.

I hope you have a great time, and enjoy all that Disney magic!

Amanda said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures to share with us. :)

Kristen said...

I expect a good post when you get back... I love Disney!

Madame Queen said...

Hey, I left a comment for your comment over at Tootsie's blog. Probably shouldn't have hijacked her comments like that!

We just watched Sleeping Beauty for the first time in ages! My little ones were a little freaked by the Evil Queen.

We're thinking of going to Disney later this year, so I'll check back and see how your visit went.

Karen said...

Oooh, Disney! I, too, am not very adultish about my obsessional love of the wondrous place. *sigh*

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella have always been my favorite! When I was a wee lass, before the age of VHS, I had the records. You know. Vinyl. And I had this little suitcase record player. You know. With a needle and a knob. The record jacket was a book and I would read along. I get the same way about Disneyland. Just walking down Main Street I turn into a seven year old. Good times!

I always thought that when I had a dog I would name her Maleficent. But, I didn't get too.

Laurel said...

Where did you go? Come back...please!