Monday, September 03, 2007

6 Reasons Why I Cannot Live Without The Internet

Currently, I don't have access to the World Wide Web at my home. It's driving me crazy - absolutely bonkers. Granted, I can, and do, access the Internet at work, but it's just not the same. Here are my justifications for losing my mind:

1. Inability to check Keeping Up With the Evans, Brown Cracker Barrel, A Thousand Words and Snide Remarks on a daily basis.

2. How am I supposed to check my bank account everyday? What? You mean I actually have to write it down? Preposterous.

3. Writing on one computer but posting from another is a pain in the patoot. Plus, all my inspirations come from the Internet, so how and I supposed to just get a spark and let it flow?

4. I have this overwhelming need to look up words I don't know, but I don't have a dictionary. Why would I? I've always had the Internet!

5. I also have a compulsion to look up random facts. Without the Internet, how would I ever find out that the first Taco Time restaurant was a walk-up stand on the campus of the University of Oregon (go Ducks!) in Eugene in 1960. I wouldn't. And all of our lives would be less rich.

6. If I need some information from the 'Net, I have to make a mental note (like that's effective), drive to work, and look it up there. The problem is that I never remember everything. I end up sitting in front of the computer saying, "Crap! I know there was something else. What the heck was it?" Eventually I give up, go home, and promptly remember what I wanted to know. I can't just pop open Firefox again and look it up though. Oh, no.

There are many, many more reasons, but I can't think of them on the spot like this. Stop pressuring me! Maybe I'll post them as they come to me. Well, not exactly when they come to me, because that will probably happen when I'm at home, and I don't have the Internet!

0 comments: