Friday, December 09, 2005

Entry the First

My first blog entry. I have conformed, once again, to pop culture, and after I laughed at my friend when he said he wanted to start a blog. Blog. Funny word. When it comes down to it, it's just that I feel the need to spew my thoughts into space. Maybe I'm hoping someone will answer. Maybe it's just easier than journaling. Maybe it's because I'm currently without boyfriend (I say currently like it's an uncommon occurance - ha!), or because of my current dearth of close friends (that is an uncommon occurance). Either way, I've decided it's time to confer my wisdom onto the world. And the first thing the world gets to learn about me? My pet peeves.

Peeve #1: People who don't turn their blinkers off after changing lanes.
What the heck is with that? Blink, blink, blink, blink, blink. It's bad enough that I can't tell where they are going, but now my eye is twitching too!

Peeve #2: People who don't do what they say they're going to do.
Guys who say they'll call and don't. Friends who say they'll help and won't. Bankers who say, "Oh, that will be fine," but when you get to the bank, it's not. Whoever it is and whatever they're saying, it drives me crazy. And I'll admit to a little hypocrisy here. I'm not perfect at this either, but I'm working on it, and I think I'm getting better. Here's the bottom line. If you're not going to do it, don't say it.

0 comments: