So am I! That's right. I'm Republican. Go Elephants!
I've noticed, while touring the blogosphere, that it's not really a popular thing to be. That's one of the things I've never understood, actually. I don't know anyone who's nervous to admit they're a Democrat. What's the deal with that?
Since I'm coming out anyway, I'll give you a little flash of my views. You may not agree with them, but that's the great thing about living in America. First Amendment, baby!
- I believe abortion is wrong. There are some cases where it would be acceptable, but only with deep thought and prayer on the mother's part. Every baby should have a chance to live.
- I believe that less is more when it comes to government. Less taxes, less interference, and for Pete's sake, less spending!
- I believe marriage is sacred and should only be between one man and one woman.
- I believe that everyone should work to support themselves, and that people who are successful shouldn't be punished with higher taxes (I'm talking to you, Mr. Obama!)
- I believe in free enterprise and small business. The government should stay out of it.
- I believe that all people deserve freedom, and that it's the responsibility of the strong to protect the weak.
- I believe that Toby Keith has as much right to say that America will "put a boot in your ass" and the Dixie Chicks do to say they're ashamed of their President. And I don't think that makes Toby an ass, I think it makes him patriotic.
- I believe that this election year, we're pretty much screwed either way. I respect John McCain for his service to his country, but I'm not a fan of his politics. However, I'm voting for him because a vote for McCain is a vote against Obama, and he scares me. Say no to Socialism!
And for your viewing enjoyment, courtesy of Big Sister: