Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome, 2008!

I was watching the ball drop on some New Year's special (I don't even remember whose it was), and as the crowds at Times Square were laughing and cheering, the camera caught a particular couple: He was on one knee, proposing in the middle of the hoards of people. It touched me, and it reminded me why we celebrate the coming of a new year. A new year marks a new beginning, a time for us to start over, to leave the past behind and make ourselves and our lives better.

And so, dear friends, here are my wishes for you at the coming of this New Year.


May your souls be filled with joy, your hearts with love, and your life with laughter.

May this year be better than the last.

May you continue on the path of love, whether it involves finding your someone or cherishing the one you have.

May you set and meet worthy goals.

May you forgive yourself your mistakes.

May you strive to be better than yesterday.

May you show your love with words and deeds.

May you help someone in need.

May you reach for your dreams.

May you and yours be healthy and happy.

May your trials not break you and your heartache be eased.

May you have someone to lean on in through the rough patches.

May you find joy in the small things in life.

May you love and be loved.


Happy New Year! The slate is blank again - it's up to you to fill it in.




3 comments:

Laurel said...

Thank you for the kind wishes for the new year. I for one am having a hard time coming to terms with 2008. How did that happen?

How did things turn out with the dog?

Amanda said...

What a lovely post. Just beautiful.

I wish all the same for you! :)

Jessie said...

I resolve to go to Disneyland more, make more home-cooked meals and sleep more. I believe in realistic goal setting.